When organising any event, food will always play a big part in it.
The first decision to make is what type of food would you like there to be at the event:
- Buffet – would you like a Hot Buffet or a Cold Buffet?
- Sit down meal – how many courses would you like?
- BBQ – will the weather be good enough, we are in England after all!
- Finger food
- Afternoon tea?
Once the decision of what type of food you would like at your event has been made, you then have to confirm that the venue can cater/allow that option.
3. Dietary Requirements
Then you have to make sure, if required, you have gathered all dietary requirements from your guests and passed those onto the catering company.
Now time to make your next decision; what cake? Because no celebration would be complete without cake! When deciding on what cake to have you need to think about:
- What type of cake flavour you would like?
- How many tiers would you like, if any?
- Would you like there to be icing/decorations on the cake?
5. Supplier Options
Once you have finalised your cake decision, you then need to find a supplier and make sure your desired cake can be designed, made and arrive at your chosen venue in time for the big day!
Food for thought when organising your next event!
If you need help making your food decision, or finding a perfect supplier, just contact me.